Sunday, February 11, 2007

49th Annual Grammy Awards




* The Police are back!
* What were the Dixie Chicks wearing? Two of the girls in the band look liked they just got out of a bondage movie with the leather gloves they were wearing.
* I kind of wish Prince had his guitar when he was introducing Beyonce. Maybe play a sick guitar solo.
* Jay-Z is one lucky bastard. Beyonce was looking money.
* I'm sorry, but was that a diamond covered blue tooth ear piece from the one guy in Black Eyed Peas? I hate everyone who possesses a blue tooth earpiece and I hate the Black Eyed Peas.
* I love those HP "Everything is Personal Again" commercials.
* I'll bet anyone $100 that Fergie does not shop at Kohl's.
* I really wish that JT would've done "Dick in A Box." JT's song selection was different from what I expected. I guess that's a good thing. Haha I love how the guitarist was trying to steal Justin's thunder. What the hell was up with the camcorder view? Someone cut to a commercial break.
* TI needs to go to school and learn how to talk.
* Mariah Carey a no-show? What is she doing that's more important than the Grammy's?!
* TI and Pink need to work on their communication skills to decide who announces the winner.
* I enjoyed the performance by John Mayer, John Legend, and Corrine Bailey Ray. John Mayer is probably sick at playing Guitar Hero II.
* Well deserved Mr. Mayer
* Shakira performance......its true, her hips really DONT LIE! So hot. Reminds me of middle school when we listened to her jams in spanish. Curious to know if Wyclef has tapped that yet.
* Dixie Chicks won
* Gnarls Barkley performance. The outfits from these two guys are always on point. I remember when Cee-Lo played at Wilson Hall at JMU about a year and a half ago. There were less than 100 people there. He's come a long way since then. I thought the performance was going to go in a different direction and get all funky, but to my disappointment, it didnt.
* Lupe Fiasco should have won, but thats just me. Hahahaha. Special shout-out to Oprah and Bill O' Reiley??
* Mary J. Blige performance. Not to steal MJB's thunder, but whats up with the "Blige" tattoo? I'm sure there is a meaning behind the tattoo, but I just can't picture myself with a "Adibpour" tattoo. Pretty deep and powerful performance. With the past that she's had, she did a hell of a job.
* The Dixie Chicks again.
* Carrie Underwood performance. The guy on the guitar was sweating Ms.Underwood soo hard. Reminded me of a June Carter performance.
* Rascal Flatts rendition of Hotel California was far from being good at any point. The lead vocals were atrocious though it was hilarious how he was playing the air guitar. He must loooove Guitar Hero.
* Carrie Underwood won. That can only mean 30 more seasons of American Idol. Not happy at all.
* Love the preview of the new Will Ferrel movie, "Blades of Glory"
* Smokey Robinson & Lionel Richie. Mr. Richie's eyes are pretty scary. Not a bad performance. My mom just informed me that I used to sing this Smokey Robinson song in the car all the time. Don't ask me to sing it today, but its not going to happen....unless you throw a couple brewski's my way.
* Chris Brown performance. Those two boys who were dancing were fucking awesome! Chris sounded like he was out of breath after the first minute, but the dance routine was on point.
* Christina Aguilera performance. She has a phenomenal vocal range. I can't put it into words. One of the finest the industry has ever seen in my opinion.
* Those two kids on the violin and piano were sick. Hopefully they do good in their future decisions.
* R.I.P James Brown. Nice tribute to him.
* Rhiannon is jaw-dropping. Yeah i said it.
* Ludacris/Mary J. Blige/ Earth Wind & Fire performance. Ludacris held the mic too close to this mouth. MJB stole the show in this performance. Sorry Luda, it looks like it's her night.
* James Blunt performance. I'm sorry, but I can't stand this guy. His guitar sounds out of tune. He says "Beautiful" 1000 times. If this was on MTV, I'd take the mic and tell you "NEXT!"
* Justin Timberlake Duet with some random girl. I have to give it to her, she did an excellent job on stage. TI & JT SANDWICH!!!!!! Hahaha. I wonder if she gets to hit up those Hollywood parties afterwards, or if they send her on her way to reality after the show.
* Tony Bennett wants to be in the next QT movie. I can see it now...
* Record of the Year to the Dixie Chicks? Haven't heard the CD, but I can tell you now that it does not deserve ROTY.
*The Chevy commercial with the Nelly song is hilarious. Love it.
* Red Hot Chili Peppers performance. Not the best performance I've seen them play on television. All that confetti is going to be a bitch to clean up.
* RHCP - Rock Album of the Year.
* Scarlett Johanasen presenting the Album of the Year = Hottttt City
* The Dixie Chicks wins the Album of the Year. Why? Yeah, I'm bitter right now.
* Hopefully Scarlett dumps JT since he didn't win Album of the Year. I think that would make up for all the Dixie Chick winnings.

No comments: